Z and I Emulator for Windows saves emulator configuration information to a workstation profile (.WS). Depending on your Z and I Emulator for Windows configuration, you might have a workstation profile only or both workstation profile and a configuration file. The workstation profile can be used later by other Z and I Emulator for Windows sessions, or to restart this session.
To create a new session, follow the steps given below:
- From the Start menu, click Programs -> HCL Z and I Emulator for Windows -> Start or Configure Sessions.
- In the Session Manager dialog box , click New Session.
The Customize Communication window appears.
- Select the type of host from the Type of Host drop-down list box.
- Select the interface you will use from the Interface drop-down list box.
- Select the attachment type you want to use from the Attachment drop-down list box.
- Click Session Parameters to modify the session type (display or printer), host code page, and display/graphics options.
The Session Parameters – 3270, 5250, or ASCII – Host window appears (depending on the host you selected in step 3).
- Click OK.
- Click Link Parameters.
Enter the appropriate information for each page and click Next to continue and click Finish when you are done.
- Click the Host Definition tab to configure the Connection Options.
- Select Auto-reconnect to reestablish an interrupted connection.
- The Connection Timeout value tells Z and I Emulator for Windows how long it should wait to connect to the host.
- The Try connecting to last configured host infinitely option is enabled by default. Clear this box if you do not want Z and I Emulator for Windows to automatically and indefinitely wait for acknowledgement for a connect request from the last correctly configured server/host.
- After configuring the session options, click OK in the Telnet tab panel.
- Click OK on the Customize Communication window. The session is displayed automatically.
For more details, see the video on ‘Configuring Display and Printer Session’ :
For further information on Organizing Web Applications in HCL ZIE, automation capabilities and Lab services offerings, please write to:
Developer, Lab Services, HCL ZIE