Installation Manager Version 1.8.3, or later, is required to install ZIETrans Toolkit.
When you install ZIETrans V1.0 using the Installation Manager, the installation process checks that prerequisite packages and features are already installed. If not, a message is displayed, and the install does not proceed. The following sections list the prerequisite packages and features that must already be installed.
For HCL ZIETrans (ZIETrans):
- One of the following SDP packages, or later FixPacks, including the WebSphere® Application Server version 7.0, version 8.0, or version 8.5 development tools features:
- Application Developer for WebSphere Software V9.7
If none of the required SDP packages are installed, ZIETrans will not install. If this occurs, use the Install function of the Installation Manager to install one of the required packages along with the required features. Then start the ZIETrans install again.
If one of the required SDP packages is installed without the required features, ZIETrans will not install. If this occurs, use the Modify function of Installation Manager to add the required features. Then start the ZIETrans install again.
Installing ZIETrans Toolkit
To install ZIETrans Toolkit:
- Verify that your system meets all the prerequisites. For more information see Prerequisites.
- ZIETrans is structured as an Eclipse offering that is installed to a SDP system using Installation Manager.
- Select the language for the Launchpad. Click OK.
- The HCL ZIETrans V1.0 window appears. From this window you can install the product and view release information. Be sure to click Release Notes to review last-minute information.
- When you are ready to install ZIETrans Toolkit, click Install HCL ZIETrans V1.0 which launches the Installation Manager.
Note: If Installation Manager is not installed an error message is displayed.
6. The Installation Manager window appears.
7. On the Install Packages panel, the box for HCL ZIETrans is selected for you. Click Next.
An error message is displayed if the required level of Installation Manager is not installed.
8. On the Licenses panel, read and accept the terms in the license agreement, and click Next.
9. On the Location panel, under Package Group Name, select the package group where you want to install ZIETrans, for example Software Delivery Platform, and click Next.
You must select an existing package group where you have installed the prerequisite software delivery products.
10. On the Features panel, in addition to ZIETrans, you can select for installation the following ZIETrans features. Click Next.
- You can install these features at a later time by using the Modify function of Installation Manager.
- For prerequisite information see Prerequisites.
11. On the Summary panel, click Install.
12. You will see a progress bar as the installation proceeds and Start menu items are created.
13. On the Install Packages panel, you are informed if the installation was completed successfully. If necessary, you can click View Log File to view the installation log. Click Finish to close the installation panel.
- All languages supported by ZIETrans and the ZIETrans features are installed during the installation process.
- ZIETrans cannot be installed at the same time you install the prerequisite level of SDP and features. You must complete the installation of the prerequisite level of SDP and features before installing ZIETrans.
For more details, watch the video How to Install ZIETrans Software
For further information on Organizing Web Applications in HCL ZIE, automation capabilities and Lab services offerings, please write to:
Sudhir Ranjan Rout
Developer, Lab Services, HCL ZIE
Test the submission of a comment from the blog area.
The person who gets this comment at HCL side – can you please get back to me after the arrival of this comment?