HCL Z and I Emulator for Web Client is a plug-in free, web-based terminal emulator. Unlike HCL Z and I Emulator for Web, ZIE for Web Client does not download any binaries that run on the client machine. ZIE for Web Client reads the existing session definitions from Z and I Emulator for Web server and allows users to connect to their System z and System i hosts through an HTML5 compatible browser.
The APIs are divided into following four sets:
- Session Manager APIs provide start, stop, connect, disconnect, and display session functions. In addition, get methods are provided to retrieve active session IDs. Session Manager APIs support the management of multiple instances of a session as well as multiple sessions. By providing support for Session Manager API in ZIE for Web Client, application developers can now automate their interaction with host, thereby enhancing their productivity.
- Presentation Space APIs
- Z and I Emulator for Web Functions APIs
- Error Reporting APIs
How to configure
<script src=” https://localhost:8080/zieweb/js/sessionManagerAPI.js“> </script>
var hod_applet = new hod_session();
3. To start working with the API, first connection needs to be established using the following API function call:
**URL: should be the url of the ZIEWeb page
4. Once the connection is established and ZIE for Web Client window is opened, make API calls using the java script object.
5. The sample application page should be placed on the same application server (WAS) where ZIE for Web Client is installed.
Including the API in Sample Code
Creating Object of The Session Manager API
Creating Connection with HACPEE Application
Calling an API Service
Download the Source Code: