Value stream management is the hot topic in DevOps right now, but it’s more than just a fad. VSM can benefit organizations at every stage of the DevOps journey, but only if they have the right infrastructure and attitudes in place. Here are the questions you need to ask yourself to determine if you would benefit from a value stream management tool.
- How committed is your organization to DevOps?
- What kind of DevOps investments has your organization made up to this point?
- Do you have an effective way to determine which tools and practices work the best to deliver value to your customers?
- Are you having trouble scaling your best practices to other teams?
- How mature is your CI/CD pipeline?
- Would you like to get better visibility into the tools that you already have for change management, source control, build, testing, security, deployments, and release?
- Can you easily gather performance metrics for departments, teams, and individual contributors?
- Are you able to easily spot bottlenecks in your software delivery pipeline?
Once you have the answers to these question, you’ll know if you are ready to implement value stream management. VSM tools like HCL UrbanCode Velocity are perfect for organizations that are committed to looking for a way to analyze and optimize their software delivery processes.