As a marketer taking care of your customers is essential, even when they want to unsubscribe from your email list. Customers unsubscribe for various reasons, from you sending too many emails to your customer inadvertently signing up and now liking to unsubscribe. Anyhow, they should always have the option to opt out. Also, as per the regulations of email practices, marketers must enable email recipients to unsubscribe or opt out of email messages that advertise or promote a commercial product or service. This blog contains detailed steps on how a user can unsubscribe from email using the Landing page in Unica Deliver.
How to Unsubscribe email using the Landing page in Unica Deliver
1. Create an email communication and add a Zones/button/link to unsubscribe the email in the email communication as below.
2. Create a Landing Page where user can define the hidden attribute e.g. UNSUB_EMAILID whose value is name email id attribute name. For example (<input type=”hidden” name=”UNSUB_EMAILID” value='<UAEpf n=”EMAILID”/>’/>).
3. Create second Landing Page communication for confirmation of Un-Subscription as shown below.
4. On main communication, add a link to Landing Page 1.
5. From Landing Page1, add a link to Landing Page2 as shown below. While adding a link, make sure you select “Submit form (optional)”.
6. Now create a Campaign flowchart to generate OLT and send Email communication. After the user opens the Email communication and clicks on the Unsubscribe button, the response will be captured in the UCC_RESPONSE and UCC_RESPONSEATTR table.
7. Now, create a new Flowchart in the same Campaign and add the Extract Process box. Select the input as Deliver Landing page.
8. In the Extract tab, select the field to extract, i.e., UNSUB_EMAILID
9. Add the Snapshot process (To write to Suppression table) to the Extract Process box and run the flowchart.
10. In the flowchart where the OLT list is created, select from Suppression Table to exclude the suppression list from the Suppression table.
How to Unsubscribe email using Unsubscribe Request
1. While processing the email responses, Deliver scans the email subject line and/or the first five lines of the email for some keywords to recognize the Unsubscribe request. Whenever a user replies to email communication sent via batch communication with the following keywords in the Subject line, it will be considered an Unsubscribe request.
2. Once the user replies to an email communication with one of the above keywords, the responses get processed, and the UCC_RESPONSE table will get populated with the RESPTYPE=10 (Email – Unsubscribe)
3. Attempt to send email communication to email-id, which is put in Global Suppression list, results in response attribute table (UCC_RESPONSEATTR) getting populated with following records.
4. AttributeName= suppressionCode, AttributeTypeID=9 and Numeric value 5 indicate that this response is for email-id, which has been put in the Global suppression list.
5. Similarly, you can check for AttributeName= responseSubType, AttributeTypeID=0 and String value 107.
To learn more about Unica Deliver and how it can fit in your marketing ecosystem, you can reach out to us and we will be happy to help.