Data transformation is a process of converting data from one format to another. Depending on the infrastructure, and data volume the process of transforming your data may require a team of experts and substantial infrastructure costs. Data transformation is not a single process, it includes numerous stages of activities such as convert data types, and data normalization. This cleanses data by removing nulls or duplicate data, performs aggregations, and set transformation rules.
The organization transforms their data for numerous reasons. For example, to make it compatible with other data, to upgrade the system, to move to other systems, or to combine two databases.
While performing the data transformation an organization can face many challenges. However, only HIP can address these challenges effectively.
A modernized HCL tool, the HCL Integration Platform (HIP) helps organizations to solve multifaceted data integration problems. HIP provides a unified solution for data transformation and integration.
Check more on:
Overcoming challenges with HIP:
- Modelling, development, and testing of transformations and integration solutions via a code-free approach.
- Any-to-any transformation, HIP can truly transform data from any format to any format.
- Save time on the maintenance of implementations by taking advantage of accessing meta-data or using pre-built standards.
- Many-to-many integration, HIP reads data from multiple sources and writes to many destinations in one pass.
- Performs data validation and data formatting which improves the data quality and protects applications from potential landmines such as null values, unexpected duplicates, incorrect indexing, and incompatible formats.
- HIP supports EDI, XML, SWIFT, HIPAA, and other standard-based B2B integration, as well as the real-time integration of data from multiple applications, databases, messaging middleware, and communications technologies across the organization.
- HIP provides the ability to Connects applications, databases, processes within the organization
- HIP support different classes of adapters.
- Eliminates the need for multiple data transformation and integration tools – run on multiple platforms using the same maps
- Cloud adapters enable easier access to expanding cloud infrastructures
- It enables complex data transformation and validation across a range of messaging standards and data formats
- HIP uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) algorithm to encrypt and decrypt data sources by using a secure encryption key.
- HIP used various algorithms to secure the large set of adapters connections.
- HIP is highly scalable, handle hundreds of transactions per second with sustaining the performance in terms of efficiency.
- HIP is scalable across the range of platforms; the same map can be run on various supported platforms.
- HIP is essential for companies where business requirements are always changing.
- HIP supports existing IT investment such as database and messaging middleware.
- HIP can use the existing IT infrastructure.
- HIP provides data transformation and processing for hierarchical, semi-structured, and mixed data including out of the box support for various well-known industry standards.
- Pre-built application and industry packs, HIP has well known INDUSTRY packs
o Healthcare (HIPAA, PACDR, HL7, NCPDP)
o Supply Chain EDI (X12, EDIFACT, Tradacoms)
o Financial Payments (SWIFT, SEPA, ISO20022, NACHA)
Speed, Flexibility, and Performance
- Handles hundreds of transactions per second to keep up with the speed of business.
- Prepare for changing business, compliance, and application environments with the most adaptable data transformation and integration platform.
- Event-driven, transactional environments to ensure completion and validation of transactions in real-time or batch.
- HCL’s experts will help you in planning your data mapping to executing your transformations, and in verifying the result on HIP.
- HCL has classified trainer to guide you on the HIP tool usage and expedite the entire process of data transformation.