Inbound triggers are triggers sent from other applications to Campaign. The other applications send information to the unica_actrg executable that resides in the bin directory (<CAMPAIGN_HOME>/bin). The application calls unica_actrg and passes parameters:
Possible parameters can be seen by typing ‘unica_actrg’ from the command line:
Unica_actrg [-p <port.] [-s ] [-v] [ | | -n ] , , …
The | sign indicates an ‘OR’ – campaign code can be used, or campaign name or flowchart name.
-v is used to indicate the version of the Campaign Trigger Utility.
1) All flowcharts waiting for ‘Go’
This would send a message to continue execution of all flowcharts (the * is a wildcard) waiting for the command ‘go’.
Tip: In Unix, if there are spaces in the campaign name or flowchart name this will cause an error. To avoid this put quotes around the asterisk.
<CAMPAIGN_HOME>/bin/unica_actrg ‘*’ Go
2) All flowcharts waiting for ‘Go’ specifying the port.
<CAMPAIGN_HOME>/bin/unica_actrg –p 5664 ‘*’ Go
This would call the Campaign on port 5664 (if multiple versions of Campaign are installed on the same server you may need to specify the port) and send a message to continue execution of all flowcharts (the * is a wildcard) waiting for the command ‘Go’.
3) A specific flowchart waiting for the command ‘Go’
This would send a message to continue execution of the flowchart ‘TestFlowchart’ waiting for the command ‘Go’.
Campaign A Triggers Execution of Campaign BIn this example Campaign A will send an outbound trigger that will then be the inbound trigger that Campaign B is waiting for.
2) From the Session menu, start Campaign B. You should see three green dots on the Schedule process. Save and Exit Campaign B.
3) Campaign A will send a message to unica_actrg to kick off Campaign B. To set this up an outbound trigger needs to be created.
4) In Campaign A go to the Tools menu and select ‘Stored Triggers’.
5) Click ‘New Item’.
6) Give the trigger a name, e.g. ‘Run_Flowchart_B’
7) In the ‘Command box’ type the command for the trigger.
e.g. /opt/Campaign/bin/unica_actrg -n FlowchartB Go
9) Check ‘Send Trigger’
10) Select the outbound trigger that was just created, Run_Flowchart_B
HCL Products and Platforms