The Technical Support team is a group of technical trouble-shooters with deep product expertise who are very well versed in identifying root causes and fixing problems. There may be occasions where the Technical Support team cannot answer all your questions, but they will be able to engage other groups within the company to get answers quickly.To enable Support to evaluate your issue and determine how best to help resolve it, you should include the following information when you submit a case.
- Clear, descriptive, one-line summary in the case’s Summary field or in the email Subject field.
- Description of the behavior observed, include error messages and screen shots if applicable and steps to replicate the behavior.
- Does this happen to one user or all users? or happen on a specific browser or configuration?
- Environment details, including the following:
· Product that is having the issue
· Version of the products installed
· Application server and version
· Operating system on which the products are installed
· Database type and version
· Have there been any changes to the environment recently?
- Provide product and application logs files generated around the time of the behavior.
- Provide related session files, configuration files and data files.
Provide an accurate Severity Level, which reflects the impact of the issue on you and your business.
- Severity 1 – Critical Impact/System Down: Business critical software component is inoperable or critical interface has failed. This usually applies to a production environment and indicates you are unable to use the program resulting in a critical impact on operations. This condition requires an immediate solution.
- Severity 2 – Significant business impact: A software component is severely restricted in its use or you are in jeopardy of missing business deadlines because of problems with a new application rollout.
- Severity 3 – Some business impact; Indicates the program is usable with less crucial features (not critical to operations) unavailable.
- Severity 4 – Minimal business impact: A non-critical software component is malfunctioning, causing minimal impact, or a non-technical request is made.
Where to find system information and version
HCL Marketing Software Architect
Marketing Platform, Campaign, Interact, Marketing Operations, Contact Optimization, and Opportunity Detect are trademarks of IBM Corporation, in at least one jurisdiction, and are used under license.