HCLSoftware is pleased to announce a new release of HCL Domino and an upcoming fix pack for HCL Sametime. The launch of v11 represented a major milestone in HCL’s commitment to the Domino and Sametime roadmaps and our community. We’ve focused these enhancements on feedback from our beta testers and your ideas from the Aha! Portal.
Domino v11.0.1 now available for download on FlexNet and Sametime v11.0 FP1 will be available early April.
HCL Domino v11.0.1 Highlights
- Group 1 languages packs
- Domino Docker Image based on RHEL UBI
- Security improvements to core Domino
- AppDev Pack 1.0.4
- HCL Enterprise Integrator for Domino supports v10 and v11 Domino versions
- Notes v11.0.1 improvements
Sametime v11.0 FP1 Highlights
- New Mobile HCL Sametime v11 apps for iOS and Android
- HCL Sametime proxy support for mobile clients
- Stand-alone HCL Sametime Community Mux install
- Install support for Linux console and sample files for silent
- Translation updates
HCL Domino and Notes v11.0.1
Group 1 Language Packs
The following languages are available in the HCL Domino language pack: Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese. Details of when Group 1 Language Packs will be available on v11.0.1 will be announced shortly.
Docker on Docker Linux Image
HCL Domino 11.0.1 includes a Docker-compatible Red Hat Universal Base Image (UBI) of Domino that is part of your entitlement and available for download through the HCL Licensing Portal. HCL Domino 11.0.1 is pre-installed on this image, allowing you to deploy Domino servers as containers with just a few commands. Thank you to those who upvoted this idea!
Auto Update (AUT) servers now support future upgrades of HCL Client Application Access (HCAA) clients and we’ve made DAOS Tier2 configuration improvements. Also, we have updated the version of MarvelClient Essentials from panagenda that comes with Notes and Domino.
We’ve made the following important security improvements to Domino:
- Subject Alternate Name (SAN) support: X.509 certificates with a SAN field (extension) no longer require a Subject field containing a distinguished name for TLS connections.
- Server Name Indication (SNI) support: Domino web servers now support the Server Name Indication (SNI) extension to the Transport Security Layer (TLS) protocol. You can host multiple SSL certificates on the same Domino server with just one IP address. We’re glad to make this idea part of GA!
- New Notes IDs must have 1024-bit or stronger RSA keys: We are increasing security by enforcing a higher encryption strength when registering new Notes User IDs. New user IDs must now have at least a 1024-bit RSA key size.
AppDev Pack 1.0.4
Release 1.0.4 includes the following changes:
- Support for Domino v11.0.1 or later and Domino v10.0.1FP4 or later. The AppDev Pack install kit includes separate archives for each major Domino release.
- Domino-db support for rich text items in Notes documents. This came from another requested idea.
- Domino-db support for running agents in a Notes database.
- Proton request rate limiting for rogue applications.
- Proton console log messages are now written to log.nsf on the Domino server. See the PROTON_USE_LOGNSF Notes.ini in Proton Administration to revert to the old behavior of only writing to the console.log file.
HCL Enterprise Integrator
HCL Enterprise Integrator (HEI) for Domino can be used to perform high-volume data transfers, synchronize disparate data sources, and provide real-time integration between Domino and backend data sources such as DB2, SQL, and Oracle. You can construct complex workflows straight out of the box and run all your Lotus script agents in one place for better control and scheduling.
HEI supports both Domino v10 and v11, with support on Windows and Linux. Note that with Domino v11 and HEI v11, HCL will no longer make OEM Progress Datadirect ODBC drivers available. The use of ODBC drivers from Progress and other vendors working with Domino and HEI are fully supported.
- SwiftFile is now installed with Notes: As requested in this idea, SwiftFile assistant is now integrated with HCL Notes in v11.0.1. In previous releases, it was provided separately.
- Changes to attachment viewing and importing: The underlying software that Notes uses to import and view attachments has changed in v11.0.1.
- AES for database encryption: As requested in this idea, HCL Notes v11.0.1 introduces 128-bit AES as an option for local database encryption.
- Support for JAWS 2019: The screenreader JAWS version 2019 is supported for use with Notes v11.0.1.
HCL Sametime v11.0 FP1
New Mobile HCL Sametime v11 Clients on iOS and Android
- HCL Sametime v11 mobile clients fully supports persistent chat with a newer, cleaner, and modernized color scheme and design.
- New “click to meet” feature is fully integrated with the HCL Sametime v11 mobile clients.
- iOS and Android keyboard emoticons are now enabled.
HCL Sametime Proxy Support for Mobile Clients
This includes supporting persistent chat, multiple client connections, and mobile device push notifications.
Stand-Alone HCL Sametime Community Mux Install
If you have a large number of Sametime users, the HCL Sametime community server can be expanded and extended for chat and awareness using a stand-alone Sametime community Mux. Mux is a connections synchronizer that can take in thousands of connections and send them to backend community servers, making the community server scalable. HCL Sametime Community Mux installs are supported on both Windows and Linux platforms.
Install Support for Linux console and Sample Files for Silent
HCL Sametime Community on Linux operating system adds support for console installs. In addition, sample files for silent installs are now provided.
Additional language support has been added to the HCL Sametime Community, Proxy, and Clients.
For more information on these releases, please refer to the following links:
Domino and Notes
- Domino and Notes v11.0.1 Release Notes
- What’s New in HCL Domino
- What’s New in HCL Notes
- What’s New in HCL Domino Designer
- What’s New in AppDev Pack 1.0.4 Pack
- Domino v11 Documentation
- Notes v11 Documentation
As you can tell from this release, we’ve implemented many of your ideas and feedback into our product and we want to keep hearing from you. Please submit your ideas in the Domino Aha! Portal and vote for others that you may find useful.
- Sametime v11.0 FP1 Release Notes
- Sametime v11 FP1 Fix List
- HCL Sametime v11 System Requirements
- HCL Sametime v11 Installation and Administration Guide
Thank you for your continued support and we hope you enjoy the latest versions of our products.
Domino and Sametime Product Teams