Back in April, we launched Domino Volt, a new low-code capability powered by Domino that makes it easy to develop powerful workflow-based apps. If you need an introduction, check out our latest video:
As promised during the launch, Domino Volt is committed to a quarterly release cycle and the latest release is now here. Domino Volt customers can download v1.0.1 on Flexnet today!
We’ve been hard at work implementing feedback and requests gathered from our beta participants and customers and we’re excited to announce that we have more than 10 new features and enhancements. Keep giving us your input and ideas — we build our roadmaps with you.
This latest release continues to empower users across the organization to build apps without needing technical skills while providing more value to your Domino investment. Highlights include:
- Unleashing Your Domino Data: With point-and-click integration, users can surface Domino data in their apps without writing any code.
- Extend Your Application’s Reach: Increase engagement beyond your logged-in users with anonymous access to apps.
- Empower Citizen Developers with Enterprise Data: Easily look up enterprise data, sales or directory information without needing technical knowledge.
Building apps is now faster with easier workflow creation and access to data and you get more value from your apps by extending app usage outside your organization! Join us on July 30th for the global launch webinar as we walk you through all the new features in this release. We will be including several demos.
Full Feature Set: What’s New in v1.0.1
- Anonymous Access: Extend the value of Domino Volt to those outside of your organization by building apps which can be used without having to authenticate against your directory.
- Direct Access to Domino Data: Domino Volt designers now have a simplified way to integrate data from Domino views and documents into their apps.
- Out-of-the Box Directory Services: Easily look up information about people in your directory, such as determining an employee’s manager, email address, location, or any other data contained in the directory.
- Dynamic Role Assignments: Dynamically assign users to roles. For example, you can assign an employee’s manager to have an “approver” role for submitted requests. This feature works with the new out-of-the-box directory services.
- Application Upgrade: Update an app already in production with edits and modifications. This updates the app in place, so the URL used to access the app and data collected so far stays intact.
- Docker Container: This container delivery helps to streamline the setup and management of your Domino Volt deployment. A preconfigured sample environment is included as an option for easy setup, for learning and evaluation purposes.
- Improved File User Interface in Text Widget: Easily add and manage files and images used in your Text items.
- PDF Document Integration: Add fillable PDF templates to your app for PDF document creation. Capture data and push it into the template. Store the resulting PDF locally or with the submission record.
- Service Catalog: Define and catalog service definitions which can be used by Domino Volt app designers. This “define once and use by all” approach allows organizations to build and reuse integrations points specific to their organization and let Domino Volt designers build them into their apps without any technical knowledge of the API.
Want to try these new features? We’ve updated the Domino Volt sandbox with the latest version so register for a free sandbox account to play around. For those who already have a sandbox account, new sample apps will be uploaded here this week for you to try out anonymous access, directory services, and access to Domino data.