While the holiday season is upon us, we’re not slowing down! Including the launch earlier this April, we’ve had three releases of HCL Domino Volt — with many more to come in 2021. Starting today, customers can access v1.0.2 on the HCL License Portal and updated documentation here.
To learn more about building apps with HCL Domino Volt and what new features are in the latest release, please join our webinar next week, “Zero to Hero in 30 days,” where we’ll demonstrate apps built across different use cases, industries, and skill levels. You will learn what you can realistically deploy in 30 days.
Highlights of this new release include:
- Improved user experience
- Standardize the look of your apps
- More ways to use HCL Domino to get things done
Improved usability: With a new properties panel and no modal dialogs, we’ve eliminated extra steps and hidden settings. These changes have made the tool more intuitive and requires fewer clicks to get things done.
Standardize the look of your apps: Drive brand consistency and standardize the look of your apps. You can now add custom themes that align with your aesthetics and your organization’s branding. Users will be able select the themes you add when designing their apps.
Leverage Domino to get things done: The following features provide more ways for you to get things done by leveraging Domino’s capabilities:
- ‘Contains’ search operator (uses full text indexing): Quickly find information you need by searching for data by text string. It works with data view and services.
- Sort by app-specific fields (uses DQL): Easily analyze data you’ve collected by sorting your fields in the data view.
- Name-picker item on the palette (uses Domino directory): Easily find and select people and groups in the Domino directory and assign them to roles or to receive notifications.
Workflows and other improvements
- Map internet email to role and notifications: You now have the flexibility to use any internal email address when assigning roles and notifications, not just Notes addresses.
- Email attachments: Now you can include files that have been attached during the form fill process in email notifications.
- Application history: You can now view past changes made to your app.