Last January 2020, we launched a new version of Domino Notes Client (V11) which contains cleaner and modernized UI, minimalist menus, simplified forms and user experience improvements for Mail.
Under Modernized UI Notes Client V11 appearance has changed the new color scheme and design. Notes Client UI focused on Simplicity so that it will be more user friendly.
Also, for user experience Improvements, we focused on Progressive disclosure to show the advanced features and actions as the user needs them.
Finally, we focused on Notes Client performance to be faster and more stable to increase effectiveness of the user.
In addition to the aforementioned enhancements, new features are also made available in response to the feedbacks and requests from our customers.
What’s New in Notes v 11
- Export to PDF – You can now export emails and documents to PDF from the HCL Notes Client.
- 24+ hour meeting support – Meetings that are longer than 24 hours are now supported by the HCL Notes® Calendar.
- Three Click Support – Three click support adds a level of security when a user opens an attachment within an email.
- Network resiliency improvements – When there is no network connection (when the cable is unplugged or the wireless is unavailable), the Notes client responds with an error message. Previously, the client would freeze before timing out – now, the error message appears right away.
- Synched release schedule – Starting with this release, Sametime and Notes follow the same release schedule.
- TLS 1.2 support for SAML – Notes and Embedded Sametime now support TLS 1.2 with Notes Federated login (SAML). This enhancement is a result of upgrading the XULRunner browser within Notes to the latest version (which supports TLS 1.2).
- MAC 64-bit uninstaller – The uninstaller provided for Notes 11 on Mac is now 64-bit. This change is made because Apple will no longer support a 32-bit uninstaller as of its upcoming Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina) release. The 64-bit uninstaller can be used to uninstall Notes 11 running on Mac OS 10.15, 10.14, and 10.13.
- Moving folders prompt – Users are now prompted to confirm when a mail folder is moved:
Domino Notes Client is committed to a quarterly release cycle and the latest release is now here. Domino Notes Client customers can download v11.0.1 on FlexNet today!