I love it when I get to share good news from our customers! The mantra for HCL Commerce is ‘The Transaction Platform that Helps you Sell More’ and that is exactly what Follett Higher Education is proving across more than 1800 storefronts!
But let’s step back and share some history first:
- 2017/2018 – Follett was facing competitive pressure and decided to engage a top consulting firm to review the market for B2B2C platforms before committing to HCL Commerce V9, a cloud native solution.
- 2019 – Follett went Live with HCL Commerce 2 months before their ‘Rush’ season for Back to College and delivered amazing results for the business.
- 2020 – After a year Follett shared that they wouldn’t be here if they hadn’t implemented a cloud native platform, HCL Commerce V9 and been able to scale to meet dramatic increases for their online business during the pandemic. Revenue up 135%. Visit up 55%. Order up 140%.
- 2021 – Follett press release announces ‘Impressive Jump to #57 on Digital Commerce 360’s 2021 Top 1000 Report’ due to sales increase and conversion rates driven by platform enhancements.
You can read the Follett PR here, the numbers are impressive. Follet:
- Jumped from #92 to #53 in the Digital Commerce360’s 2021 Top 1000 report.
- Achieved a remarkable 88% increase in online sales, which outpaced the average from the U.S. online retail market, of 32.4%
- Follett’s online conversion rate improved to 8.5%, compared to an average 2.9% across the Digital Commerce 360’s Top 1000.
All credit goes to Follett for an incredible year and how they used the HCL Commerce platform to help them sell more. If you want more information on the capabilities that deliver amazing results for all our customers, click here and schedule a demo.
Or hear from Lori Krzyzewski, SVP for eCommerce at eFollett.