Looking for the most innovative chatbot platform? Times are changing and you always look forward to find the most innovative platform. Maybe 5 years ago you would never have imagined that it would be possible to have a “person” by your side, who in every working moment, would tell you what to do, how to do it, and relieve you from all those low value-added activities.
Today, I am here to tell you the most beautiful “story” that could radically change your way of working. This story could bring you an unlimited amount of love and tranquility in the workplace, so much that the IT world, and specifically, the products that are part of it, alas, tend to undermine.
I’m here to introduce you to HCL Clara, an Intelligent Virtual Assistant, who can enhance Workload Automation customer experience with natural language processing (NLP) interactions.
Clara provides a customized self-service solution with immediate response, 24/7, as a L1 and L2 assistant. HCL Clara is not like a common chatbot that answers all kinds of questions (for example: What time is it? or What day is it today?) instead, HCL Clara is the Workload Automation expert that users can consult to learn how to use and also troubleshoot the product.
But Clara goes beyond FAQs as she also transforms routine tasks into unique experiences, which increase the end user’s satisfaction because they can get simple things done using a contextual conversation.
Below are the 3 reasons why you can no longer do without Clara.
Clara combines NLP capability and a Workload Automation knowledge base to help users in 3 different ways:
- Answer specific how-to types of product questions accessing the company’s knowledge base.
- Provide recommendations to streamline the execution of the user’s workload.
- Perform tasks and actions directly on the user’s workload without the user having to access the product.
Fig 1: HCL Clara for Workload Automation
To facilitate the interaction between users and Clara, the actions that Clara can perform are grouped into 4 categories according to their context.
- The first category allows the user to manage the workload, checking, for example, if a job has any constraints or dependencies. With a few simple clicks, guided by Clara, you can “Rerun”, “Submit”, “Cancel”, or “Release” a job. You can also “Submit” a job stream, put a Job in “Held” status, and much, much more…
- The second category allows the user to monitor the plan status from a graphical view and get information about scheduled jobs. In addition, you can ask Clara to check the status of Workload Automation servers that are monitored through HCL HERO and notify you if the WA server status changes (Error, Warning, Healthy).
- The third category allows business users to submit a service from the Self-Service Catalog. Clara can notify the user with a push notification when a service: Is started / completed successfully / completed with errors / in error / in late. Furthermore, by clicking on this notification, Clara takes the user directly to the Self-Service Catalog dashboard to better investigate the problem or simply see the status of the service. Remember also that, in some situations, if needed, Clara can execute asynchronous tasks on the product autonomously without the need to prompt her.
- With the last category, Clara simplifies and speeds up troubleshooting, and enables you to quickly Open a Ticket if necessary.
You can contact Clara from the Workload Automation web user interface via a mobile device or browser, or from your preferred messaging platform like Slack, Teams, or Sametime; and you can chat with Clara using your voice or text chats.
I want to highlight that, thanks to HCL Clara, you can launch the services and, in general, all the actions available, without accessing the product and without the need of a VPN connection.
My intention was not to give you an exhaustive list of all the features and capabilities of Clara; my hope is to entice you, pique your curiosity, and lure you into learning more about the HCL Automation Power Suite products by browsing through the following links:
Ernesto Carrabba, Product Manager, HCL Clara & HCL HERO for Workload Automation
Ernesto Carrabba is the Product Manager both for HCL HERO and HCL Clara for Workload Automation. Ernesto is a very dynamic product manager with experience in building and launching IoT products, combined with a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and study researches on Augmented and Virtual Reality.