HCL is pleased to announce that BigFix is Windows 11 ready for the Microsoft launch on October 5th, 2021. BigFix enables enterprises to assess, seamlessly deploy and secure Windows 11 with Continuous Compliance.
Windows 11 offers a lot to enterprise users. From a visual redesign and better multitasking, Windows 11 also improves security by requiring hardware that can enable protections like Windows Hello, Device Encryption, virtualization-based security (VBS), hypervisor-protected code integrity (HVCI) and Secure Boot.
Along with Servers, Mobile and Cloud, BigFix helps you manage every endpoint in your organization.
With BigFix you can:
- ASSESS. BigFix can assess existing devices for Win11 support using updated properties such as TPM, Chipset, RAM, CPU, BIOS, Video, Disk space) and block inadvertent Win11 upgrades that are not sanctioned. Contact us for access to the updated properties and the Windows 11 “readiness” Web Report/Dashboard. Watch a video to see the Windows 11 Eligibility Web Report in action!
- UPGRADE. Once assessed, BigFix can be used to create a seamless user experience upgrading workstations to Windows 11 using BigFix’s Operating System Deployment (OSD). OSD updates to support of Windows 11 will be available around October 18th.
- PATCH: Patch content for Windows 11 will be provided on the next Patch Tuesday in November.
- ENSURE COMPLIANCE: Updated checklists will be available at a later date.
- AUTOMATE. Task automation saves IT staff time and reduces errors associated with manual processes in rolling out and enabling.
- INVENTORY. Organizations to inventory their hardware and software assets for a variety of purposes including updating the enterprise CMDB.
- CO-MANAGE: BigFix Modern Client Management API’s, which enable agentless enrollment and policy management, will support Windows 11 at a later date. Agent based management is available now.
- SUPPORT WINDOWS SERVER 2022: A BigFix agent is also available for Windows Server 2022 as of August 2021. BigFix patch content for Windows Server 2022 is being delivered as usual.
Visit the BigFix Forum for more details about Windows 11 in-place upgrades. Also, requirements of the Windows 11 BigFix agent will be provided in the detailed systems requirements of the product documentation.
Find more, fix more and do more…with BigFix!