BigFix is a highly effective, mission critical application for endpoint management, security, rapid response, and continuous enforcement. BigFix, like any other management application, benefits from the use of best practices, maintenance routines and the professional guidance from the vendor.
Did you know that HCL offers Health Checks for your BigFix environment? We offer two different Health Checks: Technical Advisor-led Health Check and Professional Services-led Health Check.
The Technical Advisor-led Health Check is a one-on-one journey with one of our skilled technical advisors. A BigFix Technical Advisor is valued resource at HCL who has years of experience with BigFix, and in many cases, has run BigFix in large environments as a customer. A Technical Advisor-led Health Check requires only a few hours of time and reviews:
- How you are applying your knowledge and best practices to your BigFix environment
- Whether you are performing key maintenance tasks on a prescribed interval
- Action history, types of actions and their impact to the environment
- Configuration of relays including your DMZ relay
- Recommended changes to environment
- Functions you may have licensed but have not implemented yet
- Additional HCL resources that may be helpful to engage, and
- Upgrade advice.
The Professional Services-led Health Check is a deeper dive, more granular look into key performance metrics and the configuration of your BigFix environment. This type of Health Check requires between 20-40 hours and is recommended before or after a BigFix platform upgrade or migration. The Professional Services-led Health Check reviews:
- Hardware, configuration, and settings of the BigFix server and database
- Overall implementation, usage, configurations, and settings including BigFix best-practices for BigFix consoles and BigFix agents
- Results of performance tests for BigFix server insertion rates, BigFix console refresh rates, BigFix agent responsiveness, and other tests as appropriate
- BigFix relay implementation details, configurations, and bandwidth throttling, and
- Recommended changes to improve BigFix health and performance.
Many of our customers avail themselves to a no-cost, annual Technical Advisor-led Health Check; however, some of our customers request an annual Professional Services-led Health Check, customized to review and remediate multiple BigFix environments/deployments.
Contact your BigFix Technical Advisor to discuss and schedule a Health Check today!