Brad Sexton, a BigFix Technical Advisor, has recently published a blog about best patching practices using BigFix.
Do have any of the following requirements or needs?
- Do you want patches and other payloads to be directly downloaded from the vendor, particularly for remote users? If so, read https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bigfix-tune-control-your-client-fit-needs-brad-sexton/
- Do you want to throttle their bandwidth so downloading patches does not slow down user’s productivity? If so, read https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bigfix-throttle-network-traffic-brad-sexton/
- Do you want to display a message notifying users that patches needing to be installed?
- Do you want to impose a deadline to install the patches?
- Do you want to force a reboot after the deadline or do you want to keep an annoying window on top so they do it on their own?
Read all about it at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/best-practices-patching-workstations-brad-sexton .