Brad Sexton, a BigFix Technical Advisor, has recently published a blog about best patching practices using BigFix.
Do have any of the following requirements or needs?
- Do you want patches and other payloads to be directly downloaded from the vendor, particularly for remote users? If so, read https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bigfix-tune-control-your-client-fit-needs-brad-sexton/
- Do you want to throttle their bandwidth so downloading patches does not slow down user’s productivity? If so, read https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bigfix-throttle-network-traffic-brad-sexton/
- Do you want to display a message notifying users that patches needing to be installed?
- Do you want to impose a deadline to install the patches?
- Do you want to force a reboot after the deadline or do you want to keep an annoying window on top so they do it on their own?
Read all about it at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/best-practices-patching-workstations-brad-sexton .
For more information about BigFix, visit www.BigFix.com or Contact Us.
Automation | March 27, 2023
Consolidating Tools Can Help in Uncertain Economic Times
“IT tool consolidation” refers to the process of streamlining an organization's technology stack by reducing redundancies and consolidating similar tools into a single platform.
Automation | February 20, 2023
Accelerate Your Endpoint Management with BigFix on Cloud
As endpoints continue to grow in volume and diversity, managing and securing them has become more complex and time-consuming.
Automation | February 8, 2023
Oracle Increases Prices for Java – Look to BigFix for a Solution
To help our customers navigate this Oracle change, BigFix Inventory can identify which machines have Oracle Java to avoid unexpected license compliance issues.