In this workshop, we discussed how integrating security testing via AppScan early in the development cycle — i.e., shift-left security — reduces risk exposure and reduces remediation costs. In this hands-on workshop, here is some of what was shared:
- Introductory of how-to setup a SAST scan
- Key features and tips and tricks to using the AppScan SAST tool
- Best practices of SAST scanning
- Understanding how to interpret the findings and save time for triage using built-in AI
- Introductory of how to set up a SAST and OSA scan in AppScan on Cloud
- Different methods of importing code safely to the cloud
- Key features and tips and tricks to using AppScan on Cloud
- How AppScan on Cloud SAST and OSA solution fits into your CI/CD
- How AppScan SAST and Cloud SAST solution fits into your development lifecycle
Our next workshop will take place on January 24th. You can register here.
Automation | January 12, 2023
New Report From HCL AppScan Shines Light on Security Challenges
The 2022 Application Security Testing Trends Report compiles and analyses the survey responses and provides many useful insights from concerns over speed and cost to which specific testing technologies are most used today.
Automation | May 26, 2023
API Scanning with DAST and IAST in AppScan’s Next Lunch N’ Learn
Join us for an informative webinar on IAST (Interactive Application Security Testing) for API Scanning. Get the details here!
Automation | March 21, 2023
DevSecOps Culture Under the Microscope at OWASP 2023 Global AppSec, Dublin
Check out what happened at the OWASP 2023 Global AppSec Conference in Dublin!